Saturday, October 07, 2006

Thailand Coup No Big Deal for Tourists

I always closely watch events around the world for the purpose of predicting traveler safety. The recent coup in Thailand immediately drew my concern due to the large number of tourists who travel there. For my little business it's the second largest destination country in Asia, behind China.

I'm happy to say it has been a non-event for any traveler disruptions. I haven't heard anyone from any media source regret the forced exile of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra -- nobody seems to miss this guy.

I saw an interesting article in today's New York Times that reports how there's been no disruptions at all for tourists. The photo of the woman gleefully posing with assault rifle toting soldiers tells the whole story.

No comments:

Add to Google

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.